Today I share a wonderful “locrito”. (Remember a locrio is a rice with some protein. A “locrito” is a term of endearment Dominicans use for a small tasty locrio)
It is extremely closely related to Paella. The same succulence without the complications. Can one ask for more?
- 4 cups of rice.
- ½ pound of squid. Chopped.
- 1 pound of chopped octopus (previously softened in pressure cooker for about 20 minutes)
- 1 big Conch. chopped.
- ½ pound of assorted seafood (optional)
- 2 spoonfuls of garlic paste.
- 1 pound of fish fillet (the type of fish is your choice. I used mahi mahi)
- 1 spoonful tomato paste
- 1 small can of coconut milk.
- 1 spoonful of capers.
- 1 spoonful of olives.
- 1 small can of sweet green peas
- 1 big onion
- 1 cubanela pepper
- 1 bouillon cube.
- Leek, vegetables, cilantrico and salt to taste.
Styr fry all the ingredients with the exception of the rice, the coconut milk and the green peas. Add 4 cups of water and let it boil.
Once it begins to boil add the rice and the coconut milk frequently remove until the rice dries off. Then cover and allow to cook on low fire for half an hour.
Then uncover, add the peas, remove and serve…oh… and enjoy!!!
Don’t forget to subscribe and continue enjoying with el fogoncito!
Remember that you can follow us in YouTube, Facebook and in Twitter: