Hello friends and fellow foodies!
Stuffed peppers or chiles are amongst my favorite recipes. Now that I’m trying to change a bit my eating habits while keeping the traditional style this is one of the recipes that I consider lifesavers. Low in carbs, high in protein and nutrients, but above all, traditional and delicious!
I will of course, continue to share the best of traditional Dominican cooking but will enjoy these recipes even more!
I had shared some time ago the original stuffed pepper recipe but, while I had already published it in the Spanish edition, I had yet not published this, which is my favorite version of stuffed peppers in the English side.
Ingredients for the meat stuffing
- 1 lb. ground beef. (you may use some pork in the mix. I do!)
- 1 lb. eggplants.
- Tomato paste.
- 2 onions
- 1 cubanela pepper.
- 1 tbsp. Garlic paste (natural)
- Salt & pepper.
- Cream cheese.
- Cheddar cheese.
Directions for the stuffing cooking.
This is basically a stew. Just cook it and season it to your taste. Make sure it is not too fluid. Set apart.
- Bell peppers (I prefer red but you may use all colors)
- Meat stuffing.
- Gouda cheese or any other that melts well.
- Butter to grease the Pyrex.
Cut the tops of the peppers and clean of seeds.
Fill with the stuffing mix and place a slice of cheese on top.
Place top again. You may fix with a toothpick. I didn’t this time. If you have enough peppers, they hold against each other.
Put in the pyrex and place in preheated oven until ready. You’ll know when they’re ready because of the skin. It will look wrinkled.
A few tricks
- Remember it’s all cooked, so all you’re looking for is roasting the pepper. When it roasts properly it releases all of its sweetness into the stuffing mix and it all becomes one happy marriage.
- Preheat your oven. I usually max it.
- Remember the wrinkling will tell you they’re ready.
- Don’t worry too much if they start looking burned, as all that is actually burning is the outer lining. It will be all right!
Don’t forget to subscribe and stay close. This is getting hotter by the hour!
You may find us @
The FREE PROMOTION FOR “Las recetas de Mamá Pura” (ebook) with some of the basic traditional Dominican recipes WILL BE AVAILABLE AGAIN THIS FRIDAY! Don’t miss out and get your FREE COPY. The printed edition continues to be available in Amazon and the Createspace Store.